Keeping your car clean will be an even more critical task for you if you have pets. Most dogs tend to love car rides. Plus, it is necessary to take your dog from one place to another by using your car, at least every now and then. Read on to find the best vacuum for dog hair in car reviews below.
Our top pick for the best vacuum for dog hair in hair is Armor All vacuum. This quiet (non-silent) vacuum comes with a bigger tank capacity and an extended electronic cord for better continuous suction power (2 peak HP engine) to remove all most delicate dog hairs from your car with ease!
To maintain a clean car, you will need a vacuum for dog hair that you can use any time you need to.
To help you identify the best vacuum for dog hair, we put together a complete guide and a great selection of vacuums. So, without further due, let’s see what type of vacuum for dog hair you might want to invest in.
Table of Contents
- Best Car Vacuums For Dog Hair – Comparison Table
- How do you vacuum dog hair in a car?
- How do you remove dog hair from the car floor?
- How do you keep dog hair out of the car?
- What to look for?
- Best vacuum for dog hair in car Reviews
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Key References
Best Car Vacuums For Dog Hair – Comparison Table
How do you vacuum dog hair in a car?
The most efficient way to remove pet hair from your car is to use an efficient vacuum cleaner. There are many models on the market, and you will find a great selection of the best vacuum cleaners in this guide.
- First of all, if you use a battery-operated vacuum cleaner, you should make sure it is fully charged. These vacuum cleaners have a battery life of anywhere between 20 minutes and half an hour.
- Making sure you have fully charged batteries will help you keep your car clean with no stress.
- Start vacuuming your car from the backseats to the front seats. Get the pet hair that is on the upholstery surfaces first before you move on to the floor.
- Once you get to the floor, make sure to properly vacuum the entire floor. This means that you should vacuum under the seats and between the seats, and even where your feet rest.
- You don’t want to miss any spot when you clean your car. Pet hair and pet dander move around relatively quickly. You will end up with it on the board and other areas if you don’t vacuum it properly.
Airing your car out at the end will also help refresh the atmosphere inside your vehicle. Simply leave the windows or doors open for five to ten minutes, and you have a clean car to enjoy for your next ride.
How do you remove dog hair from the car floor?
Removing dog hair from your car’s floor can be particularly problematic. You have several ways to do that, but the most efficient one remains using a vacuum cleaner. Vacuuming your floor is also the fastest method if you are using a vacuum with good suction. But what if you don’t have a vacuum?
- You can also use duct tape. All you have to do is roll a piece of duct tape on your hand, making sure that the sticky side is on the outside.
- Press your fist over the areas of your car floor where there is pet hair and roll it until you get all the hair on your duct tape.
- Replace the duct tape with a new piece when it is full of pet hair and not sticky enough to collect a new one.
- Using a wire brush will help you remove pet hair from your car floor as well. This method will require more work from you, but it will give you great results in the end.
- Run the wire brush over the surfaces covered in pet hairs until all of it is removed.
- You might have to repeat the process in the same spot to get all the hair off, but it will be worth it in the end as your car floor will be spotless.
How do you keep dog hair out of the car?
Many times, preventing a problem is better than trying to fix it. This golden rule also applies to pet hair in your car. If you want to prevent having pet hair inside your vehicles, even if you transport your pet with it, there are specific measures you can take.
- You can transport your pet in a cage. There are travel cages for pets of all kinds and sizes. You will enjoy the fact that you will have to clean your dog cage at the end of your trip and not your entire car.
- This is one of the best methods to transport your pet in your car without dealing with extra pet hair.
- Another option would be to cover your car seats with a towel that will catch the hair. This way, your pet’s hair will not stick to the surface of your seats, and you will have less to clean. However, this method will still leave other areas of your car exposed, so there will be some hair to clean by the end of the day.
What to look for?
If you never invested in a vacuum to remove dog hair in your car, there are some aspects that you will need to take into account.
A) The size of the vacuum
Your vacuum size is essential, considering you will most likely store it inside your car.
- You want a vacuum that is portable and easy to use inside such a tiny space as the interior of your vehicle.
- These vacuums come in many styles and sizes, but in general, they have a compact form.
- So, try to invest in a vacuum that will be easy to store in your trunk or underneath your chair and easy to manage.
A good vacuum cleaner should come with several accessories such as different nozzles to clean different messes.
- You will have a nozzle for the upholstery as well as one for the floor of your vehicle.
- Some vacuums can clean both dry and wet messes.
- Checking the accessories that your vacuum comes with will give you a great idea regarding the conditions you can use it in.
C) Capacity of tank
You also want a car vacuum cleaner with a generous tank size.
- These vacuums come with different types of tanks, but the best ones allow you to clean a lot of pet hair off your car and empty the tank easier when it gets full.
- Choosing a vacuum with a transparent tank will help you see when it gets full, so you can empty it.
- A generous tank can also have up to two gallons capacity, a perfect size for a portable vacuum.
D) Power-corded vs Battery-operated vacuums
Car vacuum cleaners can be power corded or battery operated.
- While both styles come with advantages and disadvantages, the decision is ultimately up to your personal preferences.
- You can go for a battery-operated vacuum if you don’t want to deal with cables while cleaning your car.
- Still, you have to make sure your vacuum is charged all the way before you use it.
Best vacuum for dog hair in car Reviews
Here are the top 6 best vacuums on the market place specially made for dog hairs in the car:
1. BISSELL Pet Hair Eraser Lithium-Ion Cordless Hand Vacuum
The first vacuum that will help you keep your car clean comes from Bissell, and it will not disappoint you.
- This vacuum is battery operated, and it will work great on any upholstery surface.
- You will love the fact that this vacuum removes not only hair but also dirt from your upholstery, and you can use it in any way you want to clean the inside of your car.
- The motorized brush will make it easier to get rid of all the pet hair in your car.
- This best cordless vacuum for pet hair is also compact and highly portable. You can store it in your car quickly without having to worry about taking too much space.
- It comes with three filtration system so you can count on its efficiency at all times.
- Besides the actual vacuum, you will also get three tools you need according to the type of cleaning you want to perform.
2. Portable Car Vacuum Cleaner
Another portable vacuum that you can successfully use in your car comes from ThisWorx.
- This best vacuum cleaner for dog hair comes with a 16-foot power cord so you can reach any corner of your car with it. It uses 12 V, and it is relatively easy to use in any way you need to clean your vehicle of any pet hair or dirt.
- You can choose it in a black or white color according to your preferences. Regardless of its color, this vacuum cleaner comes in a modern yet simple design that you will love.
- This vacuum is very efficient in eliminating dry or wet messes from your car, so you can use it in various conditions.
- Even if this vacuum comes with only 2.4 lbs, it is extremely powerful for its design.
- You can see easily when the trash container is full as it is transparent and cleaning it is no hassle.
- With this vacuum, you receive three different nozzles, as well as a storage bag and a HEPA filter. It also comes with a regular filter that you can rely on, thanks to its high quality.
3. Homasy Handheld Vacuum Cordless
This Homasy vacuum cleaner will not disappoint you either. It has excellent features that will help you find the type of comfort you need and maintain a clean car at all times.
- You can get this vacuum cleaner in black, or a cute red rose shade according to what you prefer.
- This best vacuum for stairs and pet hair is cordless and comes with extreme suction power. It will clean your car of anything from dirt to debris to the fine pet hair you want to get rid of.
- You can charge this vacuum entirely in about three to four hours and run it for 30 minutes to keep your car clean.
- The filters that this vacuum comes with are washable, saving you money in the long run because you can reuse them. You can also remove the dust container to clean it as often as you need to. The vacuum comes with two filters in the package.
- This vacuum is very lightweight, which makes it even more portable and easy to use.
4. Vacuyahu 3-in-1 Multipurpose Cordless Pet Grooming Vacuum
You will love using this Vacuyahu vacuum to maintain your car clean at all times. It is efficient and easy to use just the way you want to.
- This best vacuum for pet hair on hardwood comes in a great combination of white and gray with 14.8 x 12.2 x 7.28 inches.
- You can use this vacuum as a shedding control tool. If you do that, you will avoid dealing with any hair in your car, and it makes it the ideal vacuum for people that are allergic to this hair.
- The electric brush helps you clean the hair from clothes and any upholstery material with no hassle.
- The significant aspect of this vacuum is that you can successfully use it in the house to remove pet hair from your bed, sofa, or any other room corner.
- Besides hair, this vacuum can eliminate pet parasites, dander, and dust, so you will count on its usage for the long run.
- You can clean the dust container easily, without getting in contact with the pet hair at all.
5. GeeMo Handheld Vacuum Cleaner
This GeeMo handheld vacuum is one of the best you will find on the market for its price range.
- You will love this vacuum’s simple design and the white color that blends into any kind of background.
- This vacuum is ideal for both wet and dry messes, and it has a great suction power of 8.5 Kpa.
- When the battery is fully charged, you have about 20 to 25 minutes to use the vacuum and clean everything in your car with it.
- There’s safety protection that assures you no risks will be taken as you use this vacuum.
- Cleaning the dust container is very easy as well. This is a transparent container that you can remove quickly and rinse with water any time you need to.
- The vacuum comes with three accessories attachments that you can use according to the type of mess you need to clean.
6.Armor All 2 Peak HP Wet/Dry Utility Shop Vacuum
The last but not the least vacuum cleaner that will help you get rid of pet hair comes from Armor All.
- This is a corded electric vacuum that you can use at all times to clean the mess in your car. It doesn’t just clean pet hair but also pet dander and other types of debris.
- The tank is a 2.5-gallon one, which is bigger than other car vacuums on the market. It is a Polypropylene Tank that you can rely on for a long time as long as you clean it and empty it properly.
- This vacuum engine is also more robust than other vacuums, with a 2 peak HP level.
- The noise diffuser technology allows you to enjoy cleaning your car without having to put up with the extra, unpleasant noise.
- You will love the design of this vacuum as well. It is easy to store in your trunk, and you can even use it in other places than in your car.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use the car vacuum inside the house?
A car vacuum will be smaller than a regular vacuum. Therefore, it will not be as efficient in big spaces. However, even so, you can keep it around the house to clean those instant messes that could happen daily. As long as you don’t rely on your car vacuum for a general house cleaning task, you should be OK using it as you need a quick clean up.
Will a car vacuum pick up fine pet hair?
The efficiency of your car vacuum when it comes to the type of hair it picks up comes from its suction power and engine power. The bigger the suction power is, the better your vacuum will get rid of fine hair. Also, use the right nozzle for each type of mess and surface to make the most out of your vacuum.
Should I get a battery-powered or a power corded car vacuum?
If you plan to use your vacuum often, you will most likely be better with a power corded one since you don’t have to recharge it before every use. However, suppose you just keep a car vacuum around for accidents or occasional use. In that case, you will appreciate the battery-operated ones as they can be more comfortable to use.
There are many reasons why we would choose the Armor All vacuum cleaner to keep your vehicle clean of pet hair. Here are a few features that will help you consider this option as well!
- Since it comes with a bigger tank capacity, you will not have to clean it often, so you can use it several times before you need to empty it.
- There is an auto shut-off function that keeps the tank from overfilling.
- You will love that this vacuum is very silent, and it will not disturb anyone as you are using it.
- The strong 2 peak HP engine helps you clean even the finest pet hair in just a matter of seconds.
Choosing the best car vacuum to clean up your pet hair is not as difficult as it seems when you have all the information. Knowing what you are looking for in such a product will definitely help you make the best decision.
Use the information in this guide to decide which vacuum is best for your needs and consider the frequency with which you want to use it.
You will most likely find what you are looking for in our selection of pet hair vacuums, so your car will be comfortable to keep clean at all times!
- “Pet Allergy Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment & Management | AAAAI”. Accessed December 12, 2020. Link.