Baby wipes are very convenient if you have a child as they are safe to use for their gentle skin and extremely efficient. But could you use baby wipes for your dog as well?
This is a common question that stays in the mind of most dog owners. There are several aspects to consider when you are thinking of using baby wipes for your furry friend.
[toc heading_levels=”2,3″ exclude=”DO DOG DIAPERS WORK?*|Can Dogs Have Baby Food?*”]
Are Baby Wipes Safe for Dogs?
In general, baby wipes are safe to use for your dog as long as you don’t get them around their eyes. Going for hypoallergenic wipes will be a safer option as well.
- You will have to keep an eye on possible side effects such as rashes or irritations. If you notice such reactions on your puppy, you should stop using the baby wipes on them.
- The type of wet wipes you use is also essential as they come in different kinds.
Huggies Natural Care Wipes Safe for Dogs?
One of the most popular brands of wet wipes for babies is Huggies. And the natural care wipes tend to be safe for all babies, using them thanks to their superior quality.
- These wet wipes are alcohol-free, and they don’t contain any dangerous chemicals. They are rich in water as they contain up to 99% of it, which makes them safe not only for babies but also for dogs.
- More than that, the water in these wet wipes is filtered three times, so it is as clean as possible. One reason why these wet wipes are safe for all babies and dogs is the fact that they are hypoallergenic.
- They don’t contain parabens or Phenoxyethanol. There is no reason to worry about any toxic ingredients affecting your furry friend.
These wet wipes might not bed the most budget-friendly option on the market, but they are definitely some of the best that you can rely on.
Are Kirkland Baby Wipes Safe for Dogs?
Another wipes brand that you will be tempted to use for your dog is Kirkland.
- These wipes might work for both babies and dogs unless you find a better option, such as wipes made for sensitive skin.
- Even if the first ingredient in these wipes is water, you will notice that they contain chemicals such as parabens and Phenoxyethanol.
- Some dogs and even some babies might have skin reactions to these ingredients.
So, these wet wipes are not entirely safe as they are not hypoallergenic. But your dog might still be okay if you use them.
- Keep an eye for potential rashes after using the Kirkland wipes. If your dog has no unpleasant reaction to the Kirkland wet wipes, you can continue using them. Still, it is always a wiser choice to go for hypoallergenic wipes.
Baby Wipes on Dogs Privates
If you are wondering how to take care of your puppy and clean their private parts, you will be glad to know that using baby wipes can be a great option.
- However, you should get proper advice from your vet to take care of your dog the right way.
- You will have to wipe their private parts from the front to the back to keep bacteria away from the genitals.
- Just like any human, your dog will need proper hygiene to stay healthy. And cleaning their private parts is imperative, especially for puppies who are being potty trained.
Are Water Wipes Safe for Dogs?
From all types of wipes, the ones rich in water tend to be the safest for your puppy.
- These wipes contain little to no chemicals, and they are some of the most popular wipes for babies as well.
- The original water wipes contain 99.9% water and 0.1% grapefruit seed extract. There are different types of water wipes with different types of extracts.
- You will notice that these wipes tend to be a lot softer than other wipes and a lot thinner. They are not only safe but also comfortable for your dog, just as they are for your baby.
These wipes are great for puppies with sensitive skin, so if your dog had side effects to other wipes, you might want to try the water wipes.
Are baby wipes safe for dogs’ eyes?
Wiping your dog’s eyes with baby wipes might not be a good idea. This is especially important if you use baby wipes that are not hypoallergenic.
- If the baby wipes you use contain parabens or harmful chemicals, they will not be safe for your dog. But it depends on your puppy’s sensitivity level as well.
- Some dogs present no reacts to wiping their eyes with baby wipes. In contrast, others might develop irritations and even severe conditions.
- It is better to avoid using baby wipes on your dog’s eyes altogether. If you need to wipe their eyes, you can use a regular cloth with water.
- If your dog has an eye sensitivity, you should take them to the vet before the condition worsens.
Can I Use Cottonelle Wipes on My Dog?
Cottonelle is another famous brand in terms of baby wipes, as well as other types of wipes you might need.
- You should use them on your dog with caution. While these wipes might work great for your baby, this might not be the case for your puppy.
- Even if the company offers the guarantee that their wipes are safe for babies with all types of skin, including sensitive skin, it might be wiser to skip them when it comes to your dog.
- If you want to use other wipes than pet wipes, try to choose wipes that are hypoallergenic so you can be sure that your puppy will not develop any side effects if you use them.
The best dog wipes for your dog remain pet wipes. But that doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t use baby wipes on them if the situation calls for it. Choose the baby wipes you use carefully to avoid any possible side effects.
If your dog presents any irritations or rashes after using baby wipes on them, make sure you stop using such wipes and talk to your vet before you take any further action.
- “Huggies® Natural Care™ Sensitive Wipes – Alcohol Free Baby Wipes”. Accessed November 02, 2020. Link.
- “Toilet Paper & Refreshing Flushable Wipes | Cottonelle®”. Accessed November 02, 2020. Link.